Do The Salsa Dip

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hello! I wanted to share this recipe with you because it's simply delicious.  Use it at your next party or keep around for a quick, somewhat healthy & tasty snack!  My mom made it for an appetizer at my birthday dinner and it was a hit!

[images are mine]

Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

{Recipe from Taste of Home}

Ingredients

  • 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
  • 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar

  • CINNAMON CHIPS:
  • 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
  • For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut each into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
  • Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with fruit salsa. Yield: 2-1/2 cups salsa (80 chips)

2 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

This is fantastic and will be perfect for my little dinner party next month:) Thanks, sweetie and have a great day:) Btw: I see the ingredients but not the directions. I will check back later..Maybe its my computer.

Hugs and kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a cool Loop GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in:)

Oh, My Darling said...

I'm totally bookmarking this recipe -- perfect for my "incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet" goal.

Post a Comment