What's Leap Year?

Friday, February 26, 2010

This weekend I am celebrating, what my dad likes to call "my birthday season." I am a Leap Year baby, born on February 29th. For those of you who are confused about this... let me explain!








Every four years, February decides to have another day in its monthly line-up. Supposedly, this extra day is needed to keep our calendar in alignment with the earth's revolutions around the sun. To me, it means only celebrating my actual birthday every four years. So in Leap Years, I am actually only 6-years-old. This can be really good as I continue to age! Think about it.

So what do I do every year that does not have that extra day? I take advantage. Yup, that's right. See, I don't really get that special day, so I simply extend the celebration around the time it would actually fall. This weekend I will spend time celebrating with family and friends on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I would like to think that somewhere around midnight between February 28th and March 1st, my change of age occurs.

I think it's pretty cool.

If you'd like to find out what happened on your birth year, check this site out.

Candidly, Red

[cupcake by Lauren Balli]

0 comments:

Post a Comment